Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rustic Bear Wall Decor

This is a interesting piece. Not the usual for the kinds of items I usually make but it was fun to do something very different. I found this in one of my favorite publications Creative Woodwork's & crafts. It was in a issue quite some time ago. I cut the figure of the bear from 1/4" plywood and cut the design in the center using my scroll saw. The scene of the two bears and tree's were then highlighted using a acrylic wash. I then used a light oak finish on the rest and finished with a flat urethane finish. Backer board was painted with a flat black paint. Next one I try will probably be  blue, I want to see how the different contrasting colors look. I will share this when I get it completed. I have a couple other items to finish first. If you have any questions feel free to send me message or visit www.backyardwooddesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment